PODIUMART & SUPRAREALISM & ICONOGRAPHY
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Căutare

Rezultate pe:

Rechercher Cautare avansata

Ultimele subiecte
» O noua tabara de pictura in Maramures
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyLun Mai 14, 2012 4:11 pm Scris de arbex

» Tabara de initiere in pictura hobby art in Maramures
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyMier Apr 20, 2011 10:58 am Scris de arbex

» PETER JECZA
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:36 am Scris de Admin

» HOTARÂRE nr. 518 din 7 aprilie 2004 pentru aprobarea Normelor metodologice privind exportul definitiv sau temporar al bunurilor culturale mobile
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:19 am Scris de Admin

» Enciclopediei Artistilor Romani Contemporani- anunt pentru artistii profesionisti
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:13 am Scris de Admin

» Tabara de pictura Hobby Art
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyMar Mai 11, 2010 4:39 pm Scris de arbex

» Raport despre rezidenta la ICR Venetia - iunie/noiembrie 2009
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptySam Apr 03, 2010 10:55 am Scris de Admin

» TWILIGHT VISIONS: SURREALISM, PHOTOGRAPHY, AND PARIS
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyVin Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm Scris de Admin

» JOSEPH BEUYS: “We Are the Revolution”
Choices_March 24, 2009 EmptyVin Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm Scris de Admin

Navigare
 Portal
 Index
 Membri
 FAQ
 Cautare
Galerie

Choices_March 24, 2009 Empty
Cine este conectat?
În total sunt 1 utilizatori conectați: 0 Înregistrați, 0 Invizibil și 1 Vizitator

Nici unul

[ Vizualizeaza toata lista ]

Recordul de utilizatori conectați a fost de 18, Joi Iul 22, 2021 2:02 am
Sondaj

Choices_March 24, 2009

In jos

Choices_March 24, 2009 Empty Choices_March 24, 2009

Mesaj  Admin Vin Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am

March 24, 2009

When I was a callow youth I was lecturing a hundred or so painters one evening. I was talking about my then-current method of working on a bright russet-red ground and consciously leaving out one of the primaries. As I spoke, a gentleman in the front row rose to his feet. The tall, bearded Gordon Kit Thorne, an elderly and respected painter, waited until I paused in my verbosity. Having gained everyone's attention, he then spoke out in a stentorian voice that echoed all over the auditorium: "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!"

He then turned to the group and gave us all a short lecture on "correct" methodology.

Gordon and I were both expressing choices. It was a good lesson for me. Anyone who sticks to his game--any game--can fall into the trap of thinking he has an immutable system.

Today I spoke on the phone to several colleagues. We were talking about planning versus improvisation. While many fine artists plan everything in detail and then simply execute, others admit they don't know what they're doing from the get-go, but they start anyway and spend a lot of time fixing up. Both systems work. Just as some folks are happy and others are miserable, we can simply make choices. The nice thing about choices is that they can be changed.

If I had 50 cents for every time I've made different choices about grounds or primaries, for example, I could send all you subscribers a couple of bucks. Watch the mail.

Because there are so many roads leading to Rome these days, the trip must be sufficiently engaging for all pilgrims. The wayside choices we make, however minor or major, determine our signature, our style and our level of personal satisfaction.

I've just hung up the phone from a discussion on the business of painting the background first--working your way down like you are pulling a blind--as opposed to laying in a foreground first and working up the painting behind. I'm currently of the latter persuasion. My telephone friend is currently of the former. As the wise man said, "And this too will change."

Best regards,

Robert

PS: "We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them." (Kahlil Gibran) "Choice by choice, moment by moment, I build the necklace of my day, stringing together the choices that form artful living." (Julia Cameron)

Esoterica: "Choose well," said Homer. One of the great values of properly constituted art schools is the opening of students' eyes to a variety of possibilities. A school's stable of competitive instructors representing various media lays out a lifelong stage for exploration and experimentation. If you don't have the benefit of that kind of school, you can choose one for your own studio. It's a matter of attitude. It's called the "Attitude of Choice." As a perennial student, you take up the artistic equivalent of the scientific method--a seemingly endless uncovering and testing of choices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current clickback: The rise of vanity galleries contains reader responses and lively comments on the current proliferation of commercial art galleries that charge artists to hang their art.

Read this letter online. Give your own insights and opinions on current changes in the way artists market their art. Illustratable comments can also be made at rgenn@saraphina.com.

Facebook: Michelle Moore, 20, who manages our free links, thought my face would be okay for Facebook. She put the letter there too. Now she's done it again for Twitter.

If a friend of yours is trying to subscribe to the Twice-Weekly letter via Constant Contact, please let them know that as well as subscribing they must confirm their subscription by replying to the email they will be receiving from Constant Contact. This is to prevent it going to people who really don't want it.

Featured Responses: Alternative to the instant Live Comments, Featured Responses are illustrated and edited for content. If you would like to submit your own for possible inclusion, please do so. Just click 'reply' on this letter or write to rgenn@saraphina.com.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose a system that works! A Premium Art Listing in the Painter's Keys Art Directory is the most effective thing an artist can do to be tastefully and respectably noticed. This listing--really a mini web page--costs $100 per year and we do all the set-up. Find out how well it might work for you.

Yes, please go ahead and forward this letter to a friend. This does not mean that they will automatically be subscribed to the Twice-Weekly Letter. They have to do it voluntarily and can find out about it by going to The Painter's Keys website.

Admin
Admin

Data de înscriere : 21/11/2008
Varsta : 53
Localizare : Timisoara- Romania

https://podiumart.forumgratuit.ro

Sus In jos

Sus

- Subiecte similare

Permisiunile acestui forum:
Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum