PODIUMART & SUPRAREALISM & ICONOGRAPHY
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Căutare

Rezultate pe:

Rechercher Cautare avansata

Ultimele subiecte
» O noua tabara de pictura in Maramures
Post-Show Blues EmptyLun Mai 14, 2012 4:11 pm Scris de arbex

» Tabara de initiere in pictura hobby art in Maramures
Post-Show Blues EmptyMier Apr 20, 2011 10:58 am Scris de arbex

» PETER JECZA
Post-Show Blues EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:36 am Scris de Admin

» HOTARÂRE nr. 518 din 7 aprilie 2004 pentru aprobarea Normelor metodologice privind exportul definitiv sau temporar al bunurilor culturale mobile
Post-Show Blues EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:19 am Scris de Admin

» Enciclopediei Artistilor Romani Contemporani- anunt pentru artistii profesionisti
Post-Show Blues EmptyLun Mai 17, 2010 8:13 am Scris de Admin

» Tabara de pictura Hobby Art
Post-Show Blues EmptyMar Mai 11, 2010 4:39 pm Scris de arbex

» Raport despre rezidenta la ICR Venetia - iunie/noiembrie 2009
Post-Show Blues EmptySam Apr 03, 2010 10:55 am Scris de Admin

» TWILIGHT VISIONS: SURREALISM, PHOTOGRAPHY, AND PARIS
Post-Show Blues EmptyVin Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm Scris de Admin

» JOSEPH BEUYS: “We Are the Revolution”
Post-Show Blues EmptyVin Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm Scris de Admin

Navigare
 Portal
 Index
 Membri
 FAQ
 Cautare
Galerie

Post-Show Blues Empty
Cine este conectat?
În total sunt 1 utilizatori conectați: 0 Înregistrați, 0 Invizibil și 1 Vizitator

Nici unul

[ Vizualizeaza toata lista ]

Recordul de utilizatori conectați a fost de 18, Joi Iul 22, 2021 2:02 am
Sondaj

Post-Show Blues

In jos

Post-Show Blues Empty Post-Show Blues

Mesaj  darastean Joi Apr 16, 2009 7:59 pm

April 14, 2009

Yesterday, Shaun D. of Switzerland wrote, "I recently had a relatively successful solo show but now I'm having trouble getting back into my work. I want to continue but can't proceed. I need some new ideas to get energy flowing again. I don't want to start something completely new but want to enlarge or deepen what I was doing. Can you share some thoughts on this problem?"

Thanks, Shaun. You're not alone. It's called PSB--Post-Show Blues. I've spent a lifetime trying to either eliminate or lessen the condition. A show's success or failure has little to do with the severity of the problem. While there are lots of causes, it's often the fallout from stress in the period leading up to and during the show--and the psychic vacuum that follows. PSB is as old as Adam and Eve.

Many artists begin to feel empty and somehow vulnerable, asking the sad question, "Is that all there is?"

Artists need a "divorce" from their previous commitment so they can proceed with a new love. A quickie divorce is better than a drawn-out one. It's actually possible to start the new love before the old one expires. That way you're not stepping off into unknown territory after the event. So as not to become jaded, depressed or even impressed with yourself, make it a point not to revisit the prior show or pay much attention to its denouement.

It's like moving to a new town and starting all over as a virgin. While you may be in pretty deep in one place, you need to be noting how you might do things differently next time around. There's often an uncanny bombardment of ideas just when you're winding up a show. Potential new loves are precious. You need to jot down their numbers.

Another common problem is separation anxiety. Some artists find it hard to part with what they consider their best work. This is a career killer and needs to be neutralized with the knowledge that works of art are always yours no matter whose walls they're on--and they're best off on someone else's.

Our imaginations are wider than we know. Our capabilities are far greater than the length and width of a single show. When you trust where your feet may take you next, you will fall in love again.

Best regards,

Robert

PS: "What's the use? The people are too stupid. They do not understand." (Winslow Homer) "I must discount the show since I had nothing worth showing." (Claude Monet)

Esoterica: Both of the painters quoted above rose to show again in variety and diversity. "I am pleased with the exhibition," wrote Claude Monet. "It has been a long time since I believed that you could educate public taste." Shaun, perhaps a clue to your particular dilemma is your wish to enlarge on what you were doing before. If you were to choose something quite different, the effects of prior explorations will creep back in anyway. The important thing is to grab your brushes and start again with your heart's desire. Powerful love-boats are difficult to turn around or get stopped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current clickback: The elements of abstraction offers a wide range of reader responses and comments on the uses, abuses and brilliant values of abstraction.

Read this letter online. Please feel free to give your own personal experiences, opinions or observations on the after-effects of shows. Illustrated comments can also be made at rgenn@saraphina.com.

Facebook: Michelle Moore, 20, who manages our free links, thought my face would be okay for Facebook. She put the letter there too. Now she's done it again for Twitter.

If a friend of yours is trying to subscribe to the Twice-Weekly letter via Constant Contact, please let them know that as well as subscribing they must confirm their subscription by replying to the email they will be receiving from Constant Contact. This is to prevent it going to people who really don't want it.

Featured Responses: Alternative to the instant Live Comments, Featured Responses are illustrated and edited for content. If you would like to submit your own for possible inclusion, please do so. Just click 'reply' on this letter or write to rgenn@saraphina.com.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall in love again! A Premium Art Listing in the Painter's Keys Art Directory is the most effective thing an artist can do to be tastefully and respectably noticed. This listing--really a mini web page--costs $100 per year and we do all the set-up. Find out how well it might work for you.

Yes, please go ahead and forward this letter to a friend. This does not mean that they will automatically be subscribed to the Twice-Weekly Letter. They have to do it voluntarily and can find out about it by going to The Painter's Keys website.
darastean
darastean

Data de înscriere : 21/11/2008
Varsta : 52
Localizare : Timisoara

http://www.darastean.com

Sus In jos

Sus

- Subiecte similare

Permisiunile acestui forum:
Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum